Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Disc Artist for Hire!

My name is Benjamin Hopwood and I am a graphic artist and an illustrator. About 2 and a half years ago a very good friend introduces me to the sport that would change my life; Disc Golf. Instantly I was attracted to the art on the discs, but felt that I could improve on some. I always think I can come up with a better idea. That's obviously not always the case when I found the disc art of Les White. His art is fantastic and inspired me to step up my game. I have done a couple tournament discs and T-shirts, but winning the PDGA Birdie Club contest for 2015 is getting me some real attention. In this blog I will be posting my disc and disc golf apparel designs for everyone to see. I will also post art from some of my peers that has to be seen to believe. Do not let a lack of ideas stop you or your disc golf club from reaching out to me or any of the talented artists who love to create for the disc golf community. Just remember a few things when designing a disc; do not copy something that is already out their let the artist push the envelope. We need fresh ideas not cookie cutter designs we have seen a thousand times. Another thing to remember is to be willing to pay for quality art. Negotiating is hard but make sure both parties are happy and want to work together in the future. There are a lot of artists that want and can help, but please don't take advantage of them because they make it look easy. it's never easy talent comes from hard work. I will try and post regularly and keep it interesting. Please leave comments and tell others if you like my blog. Thanks and enjoy the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment